Friday 28 October 2011

Tsunami Cars

I was reminded of the horrible nuclear disaster in Japan earlier this year when I came across this article on Nine MSN

"Radiation contaminated cars sold in Japan"

It does not surprise me the least that some Japanese car dealers are trying to offload and sell cars to the public that are contaminated with nuclear radiation. The issue isn't going to disappear by simply giving the car a wash, vaccuum or replacing parts.

Rather than doing the right thing by destroying contaminated cars, they are trying to claw back as much money as they can out of unsuspecting consumers.

I would be VERY wary of buying anything car related from Japan, meaning, new cars, used cars, parts, wrecks, personal imports, anything and everything. Even if you buy from a registered business in a country outside of Japan, I would still be wary.

Some of these cars I would suspect will end up in countries close by, namely China, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan. From these countries, they may end up elsewhere around the world.

Do customs scan for radiation on items entering countries in shipping containers? I hope so but truth is I don't know. I can't picture in my mind someone going over hundreds and thousands of cars entering a country with a radioactive scanner.

The whole issue is a can of worms waiting to be opened, all it takes is for someone to become sick or develop cancer of some sort, then what happens next? Who's responsible?

Buyer beware and be warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment